Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Hope on Floor 15;


Summer Vacation. The most looked forward to thing about the year. This year I didn't just have the privilege of spending it with the Cook family, My Best friend Skyler "BURR" did as well. It's 4:45 am June 24Th. Time to wake up for the journey ahead of us. The BURR and I take our 15 minutes to get ready, and then we head off to....Waffle House. We all order our meals, my dad and I play around...like always....which made my mother "Mama Cook" to get after us, BURR and I played paper football, my dad complained about the service...as always, and then we left. We headed to....the house. I had forgotten my contact case, solution, and extra contacts...I was trying to rebel. Now it is about 6:10 am. We put a Baby Blue BURR me and Skyler won at the Crane at Kmart, and now we are headed to....Destin Florida!!! Woo Hoo. The ride....was like....it wasn't going to end until we reached the end of the world. We reached Tennessee. At a rest stop BURR and I found a new fetish...Pamphlets!!!!!! We stole big ones, small ones, HUGE ones, and one page pamphlets. As far as we knew these were the things to get s through the agony of a 9 hour drive...which now only about 2 hours was taken up. OH, and the 9 hours is always extended to about 10 or 11, because my mother's bladder is the weakest one in all of the US. We set off on the road again. BURR and I sleep to our IPods, while Mama Cook jams to her satellite radio of "80's on 8" and my Dad is just driving away. We reach the worst, most stupidest state (no offense if you are from here)....Alabama. I hate Alabama. It is soooo long and there's nothing to look it. It's Gay. When we arrive here my throat starts to seriously hurt. Every time I swallow pain rushes down my whole body. We stop at another rest stop in Alabama, you know the one with the huge rocket ship for all of us to gaze at, and we pick up more....PAMPHLETS. We take pictures, we lolly gag, use the bathroom, and then set off for the longest 6 hours in the world. Which of course is about 7 or because of my mom's bladder and of course we have to eat. I was listening to my IPod, and BURR was jamming to the 80's with Mama Cook. As I was listening a song came on that reminded me of the old me. "How Do I Breathe." It took me to the past. I didn't like the past very much. Any who....my throat was killing me and I knew I was just coming down with something. Birmingham. Montgomery. Florola. In Florola there is this stupid Antique store that my mother insist we go to. My throats killing me, I'm afraid I'm about to start my period and the 10 hour drive became 10 hours and 30 minutes. So we reach the Florida line. Still another hour before we hit Destin. I am now getting cold chills and my throat is throbbing. My mom's still jamming, occasionally asking me if I'm OK, my dad is still just driving, and BURR is talking about pamphlets I am sure. ...We finally reach Destin and our Condo...Pelican Beach Resorts. My dad is checking us in, and my mom and BURR are making fun of this family who keeps forgetting to shut their door and losing their son every two seconds while I'm in agonizing pain. We head to our condo 1907 on floor...19! We get ready, well not really, we didn't feel like it, we just put on new clothes, haha. I'm like terribly sick. We go to our favorite restaurant in Florida, Floyd's Shrimp House. We waited like an hour for the table. BURR and Mama Cook are mocking the voice over by the restaurant and my dad is bothering me even though I told him I'm not in the mood. We finally get to our table and our waiter is like...freaking hot. I order my usual. And the rest of the family and BURR order as well. I can't eat at all, except for maybe 3 pieces of my shrimp. I have to rush to the bathroom! It was a false alarm but I still didn't feel any better. Our waiter comes back with his back turned to us and we see a towel hanging out of his back left pocket. And a new catch phrase was invented, "I'd steal his towel." Meaning...He's hot I want him. We leave there and go shopping for food and stuff for the condo. We finally got the drugs, NyQuil and Dayquil. Thank the LORD. We get back to our condo and we take the elevator to the highest floor. As we enter another guy enters as well. I stare...of course. Mama Cook stares at me, and BURR just stares into the abyss trying not to laugh. He gets off on floor 15. The floor we would always remember. When he gets off we bust out laughing in the awe of his amazingly hot-ness. I take my NyQuil and my DayQuil every day now. We go to the beach every morning, come in at 11:30, go back and come back in at 2:45 to get ready for the night ahead of us. Every time we get on the elevator we make a pit stop at floor 15. BURR and Mama Cook gets burnt. My dad and I just get tan. BURR and I continue to scope out the guys at the beach and everywhere else. I got through the whole trip without having my "little visitor" come, which is amazing since that was my week. We wake up 15 minutes before check out so w can gather our stuff and leave Florida. I wasn't excited for the 10 hours ahead of us, however I was excited to be home. We get on the elevator with all of our stuff, including the pamphlets. And we make our last pit stop on floor 15.


Smile forever, smile with a purpose, just smile with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment