Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Growing old? Rather not.


I sit here and stare at the blinking cursor until I find something exciting I want to write. But then I realized this is MY blog. Everything I write is exciting! I hate to keep telling you, Randy my dear, that things have changed once again. Somethings I don't mind has changed and some I have to remind myself everyday was and is for the best! I FINALLY got the whole best friend thing right. I mean it only took me 17 years of my life. But I think they came in at the perfect time. Skyler, who has of course been there since 7Th grade. We started as basketball buddies, moving on to good friends, to transitioning to amazing best friends who act like sisters. I think that's really all I ever wanted was to have that one person or even two that made me realize when I was being dumb, or to bring me back up when I felt dumb or useless. Along with making me laugh and just being in my life. Then there's Ali. We've become quite close in the past year. I can tell her everything. She knows how to make me laugh. We're just there for each other. My attitude towards things have changed as this past 7 months have passed. Alex and I, even though he was most of everything I was looking for, failed in a relationship. And I will just leave it at that.


I am a senior. This time next year I will be doing either two things; heading off to Basic, or chilling with my best friends the last summer we will have together for awhile. I'm terrified. Absolutely feel like crying my eyes out every time I even think about it. I don't understand how people do it? How can you make the friends you want to keep forever and just up and leave to go on with your life without them. What's the point? My word of advice: if you meet someone who has the potential to be the best friend of your life and you AREN'T going to the same college, stay away. It breaks your heart in the end, when you have to say goodbye.


I will say one thing. I am extremely excited to start my life as a Teacher. Nothing brings more joy to me than knowing that one day I will influence a child to want to be just like me when they grow up. Even if I don't want to grow up myself.
Smile, even at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment